Benefits of becoming an Active Member of the OSU Dance Team Alumni Society!
- Access to member only Ohio State Dance Team Alumni Society signature events, including:
- Annual OSUDT Alumni Society Reunion Tailgate, and Ohio State football game (fall)
- Annual OSUDT Alumni Society Reunion Performance for Ohio State men’s basketball game (winter)
- Active member pricing:
- Priority registration for Ohio State Alumni Association events
- Reduced pricing to attend community events and activities
- Connect with fellow Ohio State Dance Team Alumni
- Support and connect with current OSUDT members
Access and University Benefits:
- Access to University sponsored events
- Categories include:
- Lifelong learning – Scarlet and Grapes, Candle making
- Mentoring – Nationals Relief
- Diversity – Walk in Columbus Gay Pride Parade
- Networking – Dinner with 12 Buckeyes
- Categories include:
- Networking opportunities with the extended Ohio State Alumni Association community
- Enhance your involvement by joining a committee
- Ohio State Dance Team Alumni apparel
- Annual dues are a tax-deductible gift
Become an Active Member by paying your $30 dues now!
Join for $75 and become a Sustaining Member of the Alumni Association!
Interested in serving on the Board? You must be a sustaining member of the Ohio State University Alumni Association to do so. Did you know your $30 donation to the Ohio State Dance Team Alumni Society Support Fund will count towards the $75 required for a sustaining membership in the Ohio State University Alumni Association? Learn more about the benefits of a sustaining membership!
“Some of my most favorite memories come from the years I spent as an Ohio State Buckeye and Dance Team member. I met my best friends and soulmates during those years and truly do not know where I would be today without everything the dance team taught me about myself, teaming, responsibility, time management and doing what I love! I now live in Chicago, but make it a point every year to come back for the alumni performance, football tailgates and most recently, Nationals in Orlando to cheer the Buckeyes onto TWO national championships! Every year these events give us all a chance to catch up with great friends, encourage a new generation of Buckeyes and make tons of new memories. I am so proud to be a part of this amazing group of women!”
- Karen Stansfield, Dance Team member 2002 – 2004
“I’ve loved having an excuse to get together with old friends and reconnect through an integral part of our shared memories. I feel a sense of pride seeing the program grow knowing that my history (no matter how long ago!) helped build it. My current involvement in the association further enhances my connection to this part of my past! It’s fulfilling to be involved in a cause I care about outside of work, my family and my friends. Everyone new I’ve met is inclusive, appreciative, and welcoming!”
- Erica Drewry, Dance Team member 2002 – 2006
“When I came to Ohio State as a freshman from Maryland, I was amazed by the sense of community and commitment the alumni contributed to the university. I will never forget when I performed at my first spring game and there were over 100,000 people in attendance to kick off the season with the new team. From that moment, I know I was a part of something greater than myself. My experience as an Ohio State Dance Team alum has provided me and my family with the dynamic connection that I witnessed when I was a freshman at the university over ten years ago. Coming back to perform at basketball games with friends from my time on the team and alumni from years before I was a member, has provided me with so much meaning as I look at my legacy as a Buckeye. My passion for dance still lives on as I come back to these events and watch the current team grow and reach milestones that were dreams I envisioned for our program years ago. Traveling to Orlando and witnessing these dynamic women carry our name with class, diligence, grace and honor was one of the proudest moments of my life. I have always loved and believed in “Carmen Ohio” since I heard the words at my first football game. Gathering in a circle and singing “how firm thy friendship” with the dance team and their families after their national championship victory will be a memory forever tattooed onto my heart. I am honored to have such a compelling story of triumph and perseverance to tell to my children.”
- Mannikka Rosa, Dance Team member 2003 – 2006